Friday, January 27, 2012

Relapse.

A few months ago, after being inspired by my "extreme couponing marathon" I went crazy for coupons, as seen here.  In doing so, I effectively cut our grocery budget in half, yes, but I also tripled or quadrupled the amount of stress and time that went into buying food.  I got to thinking over our break in Cali...is it really worth it?

Any takers on guessing how much I just love the grocery store?  And for that matter...how much I just loooove making dinner?  Um, I'll give you a hint.  If cleaning the bathroom with a toothbrush was lined up with either of those tasks, it would be higher on the list of things I'd rather do most nights.

AND...so much for couponing...the phase that didn't last.  Hello again, Costco!

In weighing the pros and cons of re-joining the $100 club, (seriously have never gotten out of there for less than $100) for our date tonight Brigham and I decided to take a stroll through the aisles and take a gander of what we may or may not have been missing these last 4 months.  And about 10 minutes later, we were back at the sign-up desk volunteering our fifty bucks for the year.


Hence, our Costco relapse.  I suppose not even student loans could keep us from the appeal of

  1. Buying in bulk (aka. grocery shopping LESS frequently)
  2. Better quality produce, in bulk
  3. Did I mention bulk?
  4. The wonderful way that no-matter where you are, when you're inside, it just feels like you're at home.
That leaves me with the only con:

  1. Finding room.

But...I'll take it.

Yours,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment