Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Extreme Couponing 2.0: 70% Off Grocery Adventure!

My extreme couponing adventures continue!

This week, if you buy select items at Shaw's, they will give you back $10 toward your next purchase, AND, it just so happened that I had multiple coupons for each item on my list!  You have to spend a minimum of $25 post-coupons to get the $10 gift coupon, so that was tricky and took some planning...but it worked out!  Although my goal was to only spend $25 and call it a day, I did pick up a few extra items, and there were some things I planned on buying but weren't there so that threw me off, but FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I saved more than I spent!

This is the retail price, pre-sale, pre-coupon, pre double-coupon cost: $92.10

2 Boxes of Kix
2 Boxes of Cheerios
2 Boxes of Total
1 Box of MultiGrain Cheerios
4 Boxes of Gogurt (Yoplait)
10 Yoplait cups
2 Pillsbury Grands rolls
2 FiberOne granola bar boxes
3 Green Giant Veggie Boxes
2 Totinos Pizza Rolls
2 Bags of Bugles
2 Bags of Chex Mix
1 Gallon of Milk
2 Colgate Toothpastes
2 Dr. Pepper's

This is what I paid for everything: $38.07 - ($10.00 gift card) = $28.07

+

Thats a total savings of 70% Off

So lets do the math here:
I bought 39 items
I paid $28
That means each item was an average of $.71 each
Thats better than the dollar store!!

1 comment: